Wandering cattle
John and I stayed at Nanutarra Roadhouse the night before Bob and Elaine met up with us again after a week of going our separate ways. They left Exmouth on the Monday morning and we arrived at the roadhouse about lunchtime Sunday
We had two lovely couples near us in the park. One coiuple from Kalbarri and the others from Perth. We all got on well together and exchanged email addresses. I'll send them a photo I took of them probably when I get home.
The weather is getting warmer as we go north. It has been very pleasant to sit outside in the late afternoon. On Elaine and Bob's first night back we sat outside for dinner. I had cooked mince so we all had it on toast. Followed by Elaine's stewed apples and custard.
I made pikelets a couple of times when John and I were on our own, which we enjoyed with jam and dollops of cream. I had made an apple slice to have for our coffees on the road
Pilbara Corellas
Karratha was a good half day's travel. We stayed at the Pibara CP for two nights so as to see both Karratha and Dampier. It was good to see a shopping mall, We did some grocery shopping and looked in Kmart. Bob drove us out to Dampier, a close by coastal town. We found a cafe overlooking the water and the day was lovely, warm and sunny. Dampier is not as busy as K.arratha but a pleasant drive there and back. There is a large natural gas plant along in both towns and of course both are big in mining. John had to get a guy out to fix the toilet flush, lucky for us there was a auto electric mobile service in town.
We found the Red Dog statue that John and I missed last time in Dampier.
The caravan park put on a sausage sizzle and entertainment with two guys singing. It was a good couple of hours at sunset. We all enjoyed the evening and the food tasted so much better than if I had cooked it.
Sausage sizzle and entertainment
We set off for the drive to Port Hedland after breakfast, stopping for a morning coffee halfway. The first caravan park was booked out but managed to find another. We are only booked in for one night. After lunch Bob drove us to the port where we viewed a few large tankers and a huge salt hill. It was fairly warm so pleased to return to the park for happy hour and a quick dinner outside. A sausage sizzle again but this time cooked inside. We were all tired and decided the long walk to the gas BBQ was a bit much on our tired legs. It reached about 32c today. Tomorrow night we will be at Sandfire Roadhouse before settling into Broome for three nights.
Port Hedland











No comments:
Post a Comment